Call one of our Experts!
We are proud to be an authorized dealer for this product.
What does this mean to you as a customer?
Buying from an authorized dealer means you are getting the best products and equipment from a reliable and knowledgeable source. We are always ready to answer any questions you may have regarding the product and installation. This product is covered under the manufacturers original warranty.
In an industry where websites and companies come and go, BOE Marine has been serving boat owners for over 20 years. We will be here after you have made your purchase, while many others will be a memory. When you buy from us, you do so with peace of mind.
RS40 VHF Radio with DSC & AIS Receiver
- Simrad RS40 Replaces the current RS35 mid level VHF, updated to comply with EN 301 025 (v2.2.1)
- New front mountable design for easy installation
- Low profile design to align with style of Simrad MFD’s
- Seamless integration with a wider Simrad system through NMEA 2000 and 0183
- Built in AIS Receiver
- Large screen with intuitive user interface
- Optional wireless handsets with inductive charging
Unique Selling Points:
- With the integrated GPS receiver the RS40 now has four ways to ensure you have a GPS fix in the event of an emergency.
- A GPS antenna in the face of the radio means open air installations don’t need another antenna at all
- An SMA connector on the rear case allows for connection to a GPS-500 antenna
- NMEA 0183 allows you to get GPS from a chartplotter
- NMEA 2000 means you don’t need another antenna if you already have one in your network
Built in AIS:
- A dual-channel AIS receiver monitors the position of nearby AIS-equipped vessels, helping you to avoid collisions in crowded harbours and waterways.
- AIS information can be viewed on the RS40’s built-in screen, or overlaid on your chart or radar screen through a compatible multifunction display.
- Add up to two optional wireless handsets to take your radio anywhere on board.
- The HS40 handset was designed as an intuitive portable companion to the RS40.
- Each handset duplicates your radio’s display and controls, enabling remote access to all key functions.
- Having multiple stations also allows the RS40 to double as a handy on-board intercom.
Remote Mountable Fist Mic:
- The RS40’s removable fist mic can be connected to the front or rear of the radio, and optional extension cable allows the radio and mic to be mounted separately.
- This offers a simple and cost-effective solution for any mounting location, with no cable clutter.
- For example, the RS40 can be mounted overhead, with no hanging cables, while the mic is connected to an extension socket on the dash below.
Mount From The Front:
- RS40 features easily removable top and bottom bezels which reveal mounting holes allowing the same style of mounting from the front that is featured on Simrad MFDs.
Track buddy is a feature that automatically requests the position of another VHF radio. Simply enter the MMSI of the VHF into your contact list, then start tracking!
- Track up to 5 buddies
- Polls your contacts for their Lat/Long position automatically
- Can be set to 1, 5, 15, 30 or 60 minute intervals
- Displays the position on a compatible chart plotter
- Great for keeping track of friends, family or vessels you need to know the position of that don’t have AIS
- Press the NAV button on the RS40 to turn it into a navigational instrument displaying your Speed and Course.
- RS40 also contains a Man Overboard (MOB) function, hold down the NAV/MOB button to drop a waypoint on your current location and the RS40 will enter MOB mode to show you how far away you are and where you need to steer to get back to the position of the MOB event. The MOB waypoint is also transmitted over NMEA 2000 to the rest of your network.
- Channels - Available: All US, Canadian, International
- DSC Class: D
- Hailer/Intercom: Both
- Power - Output (Watts): 25W
- Remote Mic Capable: Yes
- Scrambler Capable: No
BOE Marine is known for providing the absolute best installations on the brands we carry. We are pleased to expand our footprint in partnership with companies that share the same ideals as us. Listed below you will find our Installation Partners in key regions around the country. You can contact these companies directly and get the same great service you expect from BOE Marine. Through our partnerships you are able to order your equipment at the best prices, tax free, from our website. Then have one of our Installation Partners perform a high quality installation.
Our program is built upon a high degree of accountability. Our Installation Partners expect us to give great advice, prices, and supply all of the parts needed for the install. And we expect our Installation Partners to provide an expert installation in a timely manner and provide support for any equipment malfunctions or installation issues.
As the customer, you can be assured that you are buying from a dealer authorized in the brands we carry. And you will receive uncompromising advice and support on the local level from the Installation Partner, or via phone with BOE Marine. We feel there is no better package to get you the best pricing along with experienced local service.
Mid-Atlantic (MD, DE, DC)
Serviced by BOE Marine 866-735-5926
Palm Beach / Treasure Coast
Serviced by BOE Marine of Stuart 772-600-5701
Florida West Coast (Tampa/St Pete Area)
Fort Lauderdale - Miami Dade
Cape Cod & Islands
Texas - Houston/Galveston & Surrounding Areas
Washington DC / Occoquan
Jimmy's Mobile Marine
9192 Big Springs Loop
Bristow, VA 20136
Email: [email protected]
Baton Rouge, LA
David Wade Marine
18150 Petroleum Dr
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Email: [email protected]
Spar Yard Marine
6 Spar Lane Sandy’s, MA01
Email: [email protected]
Long Island, NY
Jeff's Marine Electronics
8 Rugby Dr
Shirley, NY 11967
631-874-0070 or 631-469-1645 (cell)
Installers - Do you have what it takes to be an Authorized BOE Installation Partner? If you can demonstrate a proven track record of impeccable customer service and expert installations then we will consider adding you to this list in markets not already covered. Please email [email protected] to inquire.
|Custom Discount||Discount - Electronic Products|
Join Our Discussion
Hi guest, this is a general discussion area where you can give any comment, feedback or suggestion and your experience regarding this product.
Be the first to write a comment for this product.
This section shows tips for this product from our sales team.
There are not any Tips for this product yet.
What do you mean by a "detachable antenna". Might be best for you to call to discuss. 866-735-5926