HX290 Floating Handheld VHF Radio
The HX290 is an extremely affordable 5W FLOATING handheld VHF. It has an oversized easy to read backlit display and looks great in the hands of any mariner. The HX290 is value packaged with an 1150mAh Lithium-ion non memory rechargeable battery, rugged belt clip, 110 VAC and 12V DC trickle chargers and a drop-in charging cradle. Other great features include Programmable Scan, Dual Watch, Ch16 Priority Scan, NOAA weather channels with weather alert, selectable 5 and 1 Watt transmit power, 10-favorite channel preset key and a battery life indicator. The HX290 is backed by an industry leading 3-year waterproof warranty.
- Submersible JIS-8 1.5M (4.92Ft) for 30 minutes
- Slim, form fitting case design
- Selectable 5 and 1 Watt transmit power output
- Supplied with a 1150mAh Lithium-ion battery, 110 VAC and 12 VDC chargers and a cradle
- Huge channel display
- All USA/Internation and Canadian Marine Channels
- Programmable Scan, Priority Scan and Dual Watch
- NOAA Weather channels and Weather Alert
- Key lock
- Squelch level on display
- Low battery indicator
- Preset key used to recall up to 10 favorite channels
- Optional FBA-40 Alkaline Battery tray available
- 3-Year Waterproof Warranty
Floating Easy To Use Design
Designed from the ground up to float or be able to be submersed in 1.5 meters of water fo 30 minutes the HX290 will keep you communicating in the harshest environments.
The design of the HX290 fits well in your hand and with large keys and volume knob it is easy to operate even with gloves.
Speaker Mic & Headset Capable
The HX290 has a jack which allows optional speaker microphones and headsets to be used.
Best of the Basics & Advanced Features
The HX290 includes the best of the basics and also advanced features: Programmable Scan, Dual Watch, Ch16 Priority Scan; NOAA weather channels with weather alert, selectable 5 and 1 Watt transmit power, 10-channel preset key, keylock and a battery life indicator.
Value Packaged With Accessories
The HX290 is supplied with a Li-Ion battery, Antenna, belt clip, AC, DC chargers, cradle with charging indication and wrist strap.
It's Built Better So It's Backed Better
Because the HX290 is built better, it's backed better. If your Standard Horizon HX290 ever fails for any reason including water damage during normal use in the first three years, STANDARD HORIZON will repair or replace it free, without hassle or charges.period! If it fails thereafter under normal use, the product is covered by Standard Horizon's Lifetime Flat Rate Service Program.
Material: Polycarbonate housing, die-cast chassis Controls: On/Off volume knob, 9-button keypad
Scanning Modes: Programmable, Priority Scan and Dual Watch
Weather Alert: Yes
Antenna: Flexible whip
Transmit Power: 5/1 Watt
Battery Type: Lithium-ion
Waterproof: Meets JIS-8 waterproofing standard
Dimensions: 2.33"(W) x 5.23"(H) x 1.85"(D)
Display Type: LCD
Screen Size: 1.5" (W) x 1" (H)
Weight: 13.4 oz.
Included Equipment: 1150 mAh Lithium-ion rechargeable battery pack, charging cradle, 110VAC and 12V DC chargers, antenna and belt clip Warranty: 3 years, including water damage, after warranty a $65 flat rate covers the repair
- Battery Type: Lithium Ion
- Capacity - Battery (mAH): 2300mAh
- Channels - Available: All US, Canadian, International
- Channels - Other: NOAA Weather
- Power - Output (Watts): 5 or 1 Watt
- Waterproof Rating: Waterproof
- Weather Alert: Yes
- Box Dimensions: 4"H x 8"W x 10"L WT: 2.1 lbs
- UPC: 788026129591
Owner's Manual (pdf)
Same Day Shipping
We pride ourselves in accurate inventory reporting and efficiency. Most "in stock" orders placed before 2:00 PM Eastern Time will ship out the same day. You can view typical transit times at the Map below. While our site only shows our inventory on hand, typically we can have just about anything you need drop shipped if needed, so if you do not see something in stock please call us. We normally ship from MD which is 1-2 days from the NE and Mid-Atlantic, 3 Days from FL and Great Lakes, 4 Days from the Gulf and 5 days to the West Coast. If you ask, we may be able to drop ship your order from a warehouse closer to you, which may get the transit time down to 2 days or less.
Free Ground Shipping
All orders over $499 are eligible for free ground shipping. This option will be presented to you at checkout once you are logged in. Orders under $499 will be charged a flat rate of $8.99 regardless of weight. We use Fedex, UPS, and USPS to ship our deliveries. *Not Available to AK, PR or HI **See exclusions below
$24.99 Overnight Shipping:
Most Marine Electronics orders are eligable for $24.99 Overnight Shipping. Orders must be placed by 2PM EST. This does not include Saturday deliveries. This option is only available on phone orders. If we are unable to provide overnight delivery due to inventory allocation you will be given alternatives. *Not available to AK or HI **See exclusions below
**This offer does not apply to some oversized or hazmat items like Liferafts, generators, outboards and outriggers or non-electronic products like running lights, deck hardware, apparel, etc.
**This offer can't be used in conjunction with other discounts. If you are receiving another discount from us such as a "Price Match" standard shipping rates will apply.
BOE Marine has built our reputation on the ability to ship orders on the same day they are placed, and in many cases you will literally have your order the next day. If there is any problem we will notify you. If you absolutely need your order by the next day, including Saturdays we suggest you place your order over the phone and confirm availability.
Please Read: If you choose the wrong shipping format at checkout, such as choosing Free Ground Shipping if you live in Alaska, we will apply the correct shipping format and cost based on the policies above. If you have any questions about shipping please ask before checking out.
Your complete satisfaction is our #1 priority. We understand that purchasing on-line is sometimes difficult without being able to touch and feel the product. Because of this, we offer several return options to insure your shopping experience with us is a pleasant one.
To request a RMA (return authorization number):
Email Us to request a RMA. After you request a RMA, please sit tight and we will send you return instructions by e-mail.
We offer the following return options:
- Returns will not be accepted without a RMA (return authorization number).
- Returns due to our error or on products that are defective from the manufacturer will gladly be returned or exchanged at no cost.
- Items may be returned for a refund (less shipping) within 60 days from when you received your shipment.* The item must be in new, resaleable, unused condition and in its original packaging.
- A 15% processing fee will apply to all returns that are in un-saleable condition, or do not include the original packaging (boxes, labels, tags, etc.).
- Products being returned must be shipped freight pre-paid; no COD's. (If the return is due to our error or product defect, we will provide you with a prepaid shipping label.)
- Shipments refused by the customer are subject to a 15% processing fee. Original shipping and handling fees are non-refundable.
- If your order originally qualified for and was shipped free, shipping charges will be deducted from the refund amount if the return causes your order total to drop below the required minimum for free shipping.
- Refunds must be issued to the original payment method used. If the original payment method is not available, a store credit will be issued.
We do not accept returns on:
- Any item that is returned more than 60 days after delivery.
- Any item that is not in its original condition, is damaged, used, or is missing parts.
- Special order, closeout, or discontinued products.
- Software and Cartography
Guarantees and Warranties:
BOE Marine will stand behind all products we sell with regards to manufacturing defects in workmanship and material for 30 days. After 30 days defective products should be returned to the manufacturer for warranty repair. We will always do everything in our power to take care of the problem regardless of when purchased.
Please call if you have any questions.
* A 15% deduction may apply to certain items (like software or chart cards).
BOE Marine is known for providing the absolute best installations on the brands we carry. We are pleased to expand our footprint in partnership with companies that share the same ideals as us. Listed below you will find our Installation Partners in key regions around the country. You can contact these companies directly and get the same great service you expect from BOE Marine. Through our partnerships you are able to order your equipment at the best prices, tax free, from our website. Then have one of our Installation Partners perform a high quality installation.
Our program is built upon a high degree of accountability. Our Installation Partners expect us to give great advice, prices, and supply all of the parts needed for the install. And we expect our Installation Partners to provide an expert installation in a timely manner and provide support for any equipment malfunctions or installation issues.
As the customer, you can be assured that you are buying from a dealer authorized in the brands we carry. And you will receive uncompromising advice and support on the local level from the Installation Partner, or via phone with BOE Marine. We feel there is no better package to get you the best pricing along with experienced local service.
Mid-Atlantic (VA, MD, DE, DC, NJ)
Serviced by BOE Marine 866-735-5926
Florida West Coast (Tampa/St Pete Area)
Palm Beach - Fort Lauderdale - Miami Dade
Cape Cod & Islands
112 Spring StHyannis, MA 02601
Texas - Houston/Galveston & Surrounding Areas
Washington DC / Occoquan
Baton Rouge, LA
David Wade Marine
18150 Petroleum Dr
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Spar Yard Marine
6 Spar Lane
Long Island, NY
Jeff's Marine Electronics
8 Rugby Dr
Shirley, NY 11967
631-874-0070 or 908-285-0007 (cell)
Southern New Jersey
Installers - Do you have what it takes to be an Authorized BOE Installation Partner? If you can demonstrate a proven track record of impeccable customer service and expert installations then we will consider adding you to this list in markets not already covered. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.