Talon Shallow Water Anchor - 8' White/White
Locked and Loaded
Talon deploys faster, holds stronger and runs quieter than any other shallow water anchor. And it's equipped with an arsenal of features and innovations that no other anchor can touch.
Speed: Hit Your Spot
Fast, automatic anchoring lets you hit your spot more accurately, and get your lines in the water sooner.
Fast Deploy: Head-to-head, Talon beats any other shallow water anchor in a race to the bottom
Auto Up/Down:Hit the button, then get back to fishing.Talon has Auto Up/Down, which makes lowering and raising the anchor as easy as using a car's automatic windows. Utilizing patented bottom-sensing technology, Talon automatically knows when it has anchored, so you don't have to hold down the button and wait
- Vertical Deployment:Talon deploys vertically in three stages. While the competitor's extended "crab leg" ties up your lines and costs you fish, Talon's sequential, vertical deployment is quicker, quieter and stays out of your way
Power: Hold It Right There
Talon packs more anchoring and retracting force than any other anchor - so you get a secure hold and easy anchor retraction.
2x Anchoring Force:Talon is built with double the force of the competition to lock you into your spot with unparalleled strength and security
User-Selectable Anchoring Modes:Anchoring in hard bottom isn't the same as anchoring into mud. With Talon, you can choose between multiple modes to ensure the right hold and fast, easy anchor retraction:
AUTO-DRIVE MODE: Powers the spike into the bottom with three increasingly aggressive hits.
SOFT BOTTOM MODE: For less aggressive anchoring - and easier anchor retraction - in water with a muddy or silted bottom.
ROUGH WATER MODE: For heavy wind and chop, this mode performs 3 consecutive Auto-Drive sequences at 10-second intervals for a triple-strength hold.
- Built-In Wave Absorption:Talon allows your boat to move up or down without affecting the anchor. Its exclusive built-in floating suspension keeps you locked to the bottom, even in rough water
Stealth: Fish Won't Know What Hit'em
All the features we packed into Talon have one thing in common: you can't hear 'em. And neither can fish.
Simple Design:Talon's design has minimal moving parts, no hinge points and an electrical system that's much quieter than the competition's noisy hydraulics. It starts quiet, stays quiet and keeps you in stealth mode
- Noise Dissipation:Talon's innovative design keeps it silent below the water - thanks to a motor that's always a few feet above the waterline. The competition's noisy hydraulic pump sits in the bilge, right where fish can hear it coming
Simplicity: Hook it Up, Then Hook Some Fish
No hydraulic pumps. No leaky hoses. No bull. Just simple installation and easy maintenance.
Innovative Electro-Mechanical Design: With no hydraulics, the lightweight, space-saving Talon is as easy to install as a trolling motor. You can do it yourself, and save the money on a costly installation
- Versatile Adjustments While other anchors limit you to one position, Talon's Quick Release Bracket enables up and down adjustment, 30° of pivoting and easy removal when Talon's not in use
Features:Fully Loaded Right Out of the Box
Talon ships ready to fish, thanks to this set of innovative features.
Triple Debris Sheilds: Three custom-fit shields on the bottom and inside of Talon prevent mud or anything else from being pulled back into the unit. The indestructible spike goes out, and nothing comes back in
Standard Wireless Remotes: Two wireless remotes - and a dash mount holder - come standard to give you push-button control of Talon from anywhere on the boat. All remotes are waterproof and can float
Saltwater Tested - Saltwater Tough: Over 80 years of trolling motor design and testing taught us how to fully combat the corrosive effects of saltwater. And we built that know-how into every Talon, so saltwater won't stand a chance
Indestructable Anchoring Spike:GUARANTEED FOR LIFE! Our composite spike can withstand years of abuse - we guarantee it
LED Depth Indicator:Track anchor depth at a glance. The LED lights on Talon show you how far down you're deployed, with each light indicating two feet of depth
Deployment Notification Alarm: Talon's indestructible composite spike bends but doesn't break - even if you try to take off while deployed. And if you do that, Talon's the only anchor with an audible alert to let you know
- 5-Year Warranty: Talon carries a five-year limited warranty - plus a lifetime warranty on the spike and a five-year warranty on all accessory brackets
- Box Dimensions: 16"H x 11"W x 63"L WT: 54 lbs
- UPC: 029402043743
Owner's Manual (pdf)
Same Day Shipping
We pride ourselves in accurate inventory reporting and efficiency. Most "in stock" orders placed before 2:00 PM Eastern Time will ship out the same day. You can view typical transit times at the Map below. While our site only shows our inventory on hand, typically we can have just about anything you need drop shipped if needed, so if you do not see something in stock please call us. We normally ship from MD which is 1-2 days from the NE and Mid-Atlantic, 3 Days from FL and Great Lakes, 4 Days from the Gulf and 5 days to the West Coast. If you ask, we may be able to drop ship your order from a warehouse closer to you, which may get the transit time down to 2 days or less.
Free Ground Shipping
All orders over $499 are eligible for free ground shipping. This option will be presented to you at checkout once you are logged in. Orders under $499 will be charged a flat rate of $9.99 regardless of weight. We use Fedex, UPS, and USPS to ship our deliveries. *Not Available to AK, PR or HI **See exclusions below
$29.99 Overnight Shipping:
Most Marine Electronics orders are eligible for $29.99 Overnight Shipping. Orders must be placed by 2PM EST. This does not include Saturday deliveries. This option is only available on phone orders. If we are unable to provide overnight delivery due to inventory allocation you will be given alternatives. *Not available to AK or HI **See exclusions below
**This offer does not apply to some oversized or hazmat items like Liferafts, generators, outboards and outriggers or non-electronic products like running lights, deck hardware, apparel, etc.
**This offer can't be used in conjunction with other discounts. If you are receiving another discount from us such as a "Price Match" standard shipping rates will apply.
BOE Marine has built our reputation on the ability to ship orders on the same day they are placed, and in many cases you will literally have your order the next day. If there is any problem we will notify you. If you absolutely need your order by the next day, including Saturdays we suggest you place your order over the phone and confirm availability.
Please Read: If you choose the wrong shipping format at checkout, such as choosing Free Ground Shipping if you live in Alaska, we will apply the correct shipping format and cost based on the policies above. If you have any questions about shipping please ask before checking out.
Your complete satisfaction is our #1 priority. We understand that purchasing on-line is sometimes difficult without being able to touch and feel the product. Because of this, we offer several return options to insure your shopping experience with us is a pleasant one.
To request a RMA (return authorization number):
Email Us to request a RMA. After you request a RMA, please sit tight and we will send you return instructions by e-mail.
We offer the following return options:
- Returns will not be accepted without a RMA (return authorization number).
- Returns due to our error or on products that are defective from the manufacturer will gladly be returned or exchanged at no cost.
- Items may be returned for a refund (less shipping) within 60 days from when you received your shipment.* The item must be in new, resaleable, unused condition and in its original packaging.
- A 15% processing fee will apply to all returns that are in un-saleable condition, or do not include the original packaging (boxes, labels, tags, etc.).
- Products being returned must be shipped freight pre-paid; no COD's. (If the return is due to our error or product defect, we will provide you with a prepaid shipping label.)
- Shipments refused by the customer are subject to a 15% processing fee. Original shipping and handling fees are non-refundable.
- If your order originally qualified for and was shipped free, shipping charges will be deducted from the refund amount if the return causes your order total to drop below the required minimum for free shipping.
- Refunds must be issued to the original payment method used. If the original payment method is not available, a store credit will be issued.
We do not accept returns on:
- Any item that is returned more than 60 days after delivery.
- Any item that is not in its original condition, is damaged, used, or is missing parts.
- Special order, closeout, or discontinued products.
- Software and Cartography
Guarantees and Warranties:
BOE Marine will stand behind all products we sell with regards to manufacturing defects in workmanship and material for 30 days. After 30 days defective products should be returned to the manufacturer for warranty repair. We will always do everything in our power to take care of the problem regardless of when purchased.
Please call if you have any questions.
* A 15% deduction may apply to certain items (like software or chart cards).
BOE Marine is known for providing the absolute best installations on the brands we carry. We are pleased to expand our footprint in partnership with companies that share the same ideals as us. Listed below you will find our Installation Partners in key regions around the country. You can contact these companies directly and get the same great service you expect from BOE Marine. Through our partnerships you are able to order your equipment at the best prices, tax free, from our website. Then have one of our Installation Partners perform a high quality installation.
Our program is built upon a high degree of accountability. Our Installation Partners expect us to give great advice, prices, and supply all of the parts needed for the install. And we expect our Installation Partners to provide an expert installation in a timely manner and provide support for any equipment malfunctions or installation issues.
As the customer, you can be assured that you are buying from a dealer authorized in the brands we carry. And you will receive uncompromising advice and support on the local level from the Installation Partner, or via phone with BOE Marine. We feel there is no better package to get you the best pricing along with experienced local service.
Mid-Atlantic (MD, DE, DC)
Serviced by BOE Marine 866-735-5926
North Carolina (Lake Norman Area)
Serviced by BOE Marine of Lake Norman 866-735-5926
Florida West Coast (Tampa/St Pete Area)
Fort Lauderdale - Miami Dade
Palm Beach County
Cape Cod & Islands
112 Spring StHyannis, MA 02601
Texas - Houston/Galveston & Surrounding Areas
Washington DC / Occoquan
Baton Rouge, LA
David Wade Marine
18150 Petroleum Dr
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Spar Yard Marine
6 Spar Lane
Long Island, NY
Jeff's Marine Electronics
8 Rugby Dr
Shirley, NY 11967
631-874-0070 or 908-285-0007 (cell)
Southern New Jersey
Installers - Do you have what it takes to be an Authorized BOE Installation Partner? If you can demonstrate a proven track record of impeccable customer service and expert installations then we will consider adding you to this list in markets not already covered. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.