Call one of our Experts!
We are proud to be an authorized dealer for this product.
What does this mean to you as a customer?
Buying from an authorized dealer means you are getting the best products and equipment from a reliable and knowledgeable source. We are always ready to answer any questions you may have regarding the product and installation. This product is covered under the manufacturers original warranty.
In an industry where websites and companies come and go, BOE Marine has been serving boat owners for over 20 years. We will be here after you have made your purchase, while many others will be a memory. When you buy from us, you do so with peace of mind.
B951 Class B AIS Transceiver - 5W SOTDMA
**As the FCC requires all units sold in the US to be programmed by a qualified technician. Please submit the form below for programming at the time of purchase. A copy of the MMSI registration or FCC Ship Station License is required along with the vessel master or owner's signature on the completed programming form.**
The B951 is a high-power (5W SOTDMA) Class B transceiver, delivering advanced performance and ultimate reliability through em-trak's next-gen technology. Small and durable, this trusted transceiver processes all AIS transmissions in real-time, with increased range and transmission priority so you always have the complete picture and the time to respond, even in the busiest waters.
em-trak's flexible, intelligent connectivity means the B951 can be paired to any chart-plotter and its next-gen GPS receiver and the antenna are already integrated inside the device to provide best-in-class, ultra-low power consumption, and performance. em-trak's unique FLEXI-FIT® bracket system completes the package and ensures easy installation.
- Certified AIS Class B – 5W SOTDMA
- Global certification - USCG / FCC / Canada / Europe
- SRT-AIS™ Transceiver Engine for superlative proven performance
- FLEXI-FIT™ bracket system for easy, convenient, and secure installation
- Internal high-performance GPS receiver and antenna (external antenna optional)
- Water, pressure spray, and damp proof (IPx6, IPx7 certified)
- Protected from vibration, shock, and extreme temperatures
- Small and lightweight
- Ultra-low power consumption – best in class
- NMEA 0183 & NMEA 2000
- Automated health and performance monitoring
- Silent mode (transmit-off) function
- Enhanced RF screening to protect against electromagnetic interference
- Built-in power surge protection
Physical & Environmental Specifications:
- Size (H x W x D): 150 x 115 x 45mm
- Weight: 375kg
- Operating temperature: -25°C to +55°C
- Storage temperature: -25°C to +70°C
- Ingress protection: IPx6 and IPx7
- Supply voltage: 12V or 24V DC
- Supply voltage range: 9.6V - 31.2V DC
- Average current (at 12V): 135mA
- Peak current: 2.5A
- Average power consumption (at 12V): 1.6W
- Galvanic isolation: NMEA 0183 inputs only, NMEA 2000, VHF antenna port
- VHF antenna: SO-239
- GNSS: TNC
- Power: 12-way circular multipole
- NMEA 2000: 5-way Micro-C connector
- USB: USB Micro-B
- NMEA 0183: 2 x bi-directional ports
- NMEA 2000: NMEA 2000 Ed 3.101, LEN=1
- USB: PC virtual com port for NMEA 0183 data
- AIS standards: IEC 62287-1 Ed. 3, ITU-R M.1371.5
- Product safety standards: EN60950-1 2006 +A11:2009 +A1:2010 +A12:2011 +A2:2013 EN62311:2008
- Environmental standards: IEC 60945 Ed. 4
- Serial data interface standards: IEC 61162-1 Ed 5.0, IEC 61162-2 Ed 1.0
- NMEA 2000: NMEA 2000 Ed 3.101
- GNSS performance standards: IEC 61108-1 Ed 2.0, IEC 61108-02 Ed 1.0
- Systems supported: GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo (two of any combination, three including GPS, Galileo)
- Channels: 72
- Internal/external antenna: Internal or optional external antenna
- Time to first fix from the cold start: 26s
- VDL access scheme: SOTDMA
- Operating frequency: 156.025MHz - 162.025MHz
- Channel bandwidth: 25kHz
- Receivers/transmitters: 2 x receivers, 1 x transmitter
- AIS receiver sensitivity (20% PER): -111dBm
- AIS transmitter power: 5W (+37dBm)
- Indicators: Power, transmit timeout, error, silent mode
In the Box:
- 1 x AIS transceiver
- 1 x Power and data cable (2M)
- 1 x FLEXI-FIT™ mounting bracket
- Complete with screws & optional fixing tape
- AIS Class: B
- Antenna Included: Yes
- Display Included: No
- Function: Receive/Transmit
- GPS Included: Yes
- Box Dimensions: 6"H x 7"W x 7"L WT: 2 lbs
- UPC: 672975210540
Quick Guide (pdf)
BOE Marine is known for providing the absolute best installations on the brands we carry. We are pleased to expand our footprint in partnership with companies that share the same ideals as us. Listed below you will find our Installation Partners in key regions around the country. You can contact these companies directly and get the same great service you expect from BOE Marine. Through our partnerships you are able to order your equipment at the best prices, tax free, from our website. Then have one of our Installation Partners perform a high quality installation.
Our program is built upon a high degree of accountability. Our Installation Partners expect us to give great advice, prices, and supply all of the parts needed for the install. And we expect our Installation Partners to provide an expert installation in a timely manner and provide support for any equipment malfunctions or installation issues.
As the customer, you can be assured that you are buying from a dealer authorized in the brands we carry. And you will receive uncompromising advice and support on the local level from the Installation Partner, or via phone with BOE Marine. We feel there is no better package to get you the best pricing along with experienced local service.
Mid-Atlantic (MD, DE, DC)
Serviced by BOE Marine 866-735-5926
Palm Beach / Treasure Coast
Serviced by BOE Marine of Stuart 772-600-5701
Florida West Coast (Tampa/St Pete Area)
Fort Lauderdale - Miami Dade
Cape Cod & Islands
Texas - Houston/Galveston & Surrounding Areas
Washington DC / Occoquan
Jimmy's Mobile Marine
9192 Big Springs Loop
Bristow, VA 20136
Email: [email protected]
Baton Rouge, LA
David Wade Marine
18150 Petroleum Dr
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Email: [email protected]
Spar Yard Marine
6 Spar Lane Sandy’s, MA01
Email: [email protected]
Long Island, NY
Jeff's Marine Electronics
8 Rugby Dr
Shirley, NY 11967
631-874-0070 or 631-469-1645 (cell)
Installers - Do you have what it takes to be an Authorized BOE Installation Partner? If you can demonstrate a proven track record of impeccable customer service and expert installations then we will consider adding you to this list in markets not already covered. Please email [email protected] to inquire.
Join Our Discussion
Hi guest, this is a general discussion area where you can give any comment, feedback or suggestion and your experience regarding this product.
Be the first to write a comment for this product.
This section shows tips for this product from our sales team.
There are not any Tips for this product yet.