Lowrance HDS LIVE Series - HDS-7, HDS-9, HDS-12, HDS-16 - Buyers Guide & Reviews
It's here, the all new Lowrance HDS LIVE Series. Lowrance took the best features from the HDS Platform, and added a whole bunch of new things. Built-in LIVE mapping, video, Fish Reveal, Active Imaging, and more. This series has taken fishfinding to a whole new level. Get your Lowrance HDS LIVE System at BOE Marine with expert advice, free shipping, and the best shopping experience.
What you need to know:
- Lowrance HDS LIVE is offered in 4 screen sizes: 7, 9, 12 and 16. All have high resolution, sunlight readable screens. The units have a touchscreen as well as a keypad so they are easy to operate while bouncing along, yet very intuitive. They feature wifi and bluetooth capability.
- There are several easy mounting options. They can be recess-mounted for a glass cockpit look, flush mounted from the front, or gimbal mounted.
- They offer LIveSight, which is real time sonar
- They include C-Map Charts, and are capable of making LIVE charts as you go with Genesis Live mapping
- Heat map, to allow anglers to see trends in temperature
- Quad-core Processor
- 6-way screen splits
- New Active Imaging 3 in 1 Transducer (CHIRP, Downscan and Sidescan)
- Internal GPS
- Smartphone integration
- XM Weather
How to buy a system:
These systems are very easy to buy and install. Most things are built into the actual display. They have internal sonar, internal GPS antenna, internal ethernet and NMEA2000, and are pre-loaded with maps. For most boats you would simply order the screen size you are wanting. Order the appropriate transducer. And then possibly order a NMEA 2000 Starter Kit if you plan to integrate it with other NMEA2000 equipment. That's it!
These units are compatible with an assortment of radars, autopilots, and other devices offered by Lowrance. Ethernet devices like radar and XM Weather will plug right into the back of the display. NMEA2000 devices like the Point-1 GPS/Heading sensor will connect into your NMEA2000 network. Lowrance has done a great job of keeping things easy.
Displays with transducer
Displays without transducer
Popular add-ons are listed on the "Accessories" tab for each product.
What comes in the box?
- PC-30-RS422 Power Cable for HDS Series
- Mounting Bracket
- Transducer (when bought as package with transducer)